Updated: Jul 30, 2019
Google My Business is a free tool that helps a business to manage their online presence in Google and Google Maps. You can use the tool to add your phone number, address, restaurant menus, hours, photos,promotions and more to your Google listing. It is definitely essential for any business, especially those with a brick & mortar presence.
Here are 5 important reasons to have your company listed on Google My Business:
1. This is where potential customers are looking - 4 in 5 consumers tend to find businesses through Google search, so it's important for your company's Google listing to be accurate and consistent. You can use Google My Business to add information about your company to your Google and Google Maps listing. This includes hours, phone numbers, photos, menus and addresses. Not having these on their Google listing will turn away customers. A Google My Business profile that is not claimed by a business owner leads customers to believe that the location may not be open. Make sure your company has an updated Google My Business listing.
2. Improves your SEO - One of the easiest ways to improve your website’s SEO is to update your Google My Business listing. Google is consistently crawling the internet for updated information to provide the most accurate and reliable search results. Google’s algorithms enable it to search across the web to obtain as much information as possible on any particular business. Keeping your Google My Business listing updated will make sure your potential customers are receiving current information in regards to your company.
3. Gets you listed on Google Maps - For businesses that rely heavily on in-store traffic, visibility on Google Maps is a must. Your Google My Business listing provides searchers with your location, as well as GPS-guided directions with the click of a button. Again, it is important to keep your Google My Business listing as accurate as possible with your business address.
4. Google Reviews - Growing your customer reviews allows your business to earn credibility and leverage social proof. Google My Business displays your reviews, both positive and negative, and allows you to publicly respond to them. This shows your customers how engaged you are with your business. The ability to respond to reviews is great and essential from a customer service point of view.
5. Analytics for your business - Google My Business gives you detailed analytics about who's viewing your Google listing, and who's searching for your company. Google will also give you information about the area surrounding the business like driving direction heat-maps, photo view-counts for other local businesses, and more. This information is essential to any business. This data will help you become more competitive with other businesses in their area, provide you with details on how often you receive visits to your website, and how many visitors call or request directions directly from Google.
A Google My Business listing is a necessity for any company seeking to enhance their digital presence. It's beneficial, and easy to set up, so there's really no excuse not to have one for your business.