With over 2 billion users, Facebook has changed the way we look at social networking. Although it is the leading social networking platform, Facebook holds enormous potential for businesses. Every popular brand is there with activity on a daily basis. As we know, the new generation is spending an incredibly large amount of time on the internet and smartphones than traditional media like TV or radio. A present day business must shift their marketing approach when it comes to social media.
Here are 6 important reasons why any size business should have a Facebook presence, and take it seriously.
1. Customer Engagement: Consistent content and posts is a great way to allow current and potential customers learn about your business. This encourages engagement, and allows your business to have direct feedback and communication with your target audience.
2. Developing a Fan Base: By posting content that is relevant and useful, Facebook allows you to build your own following on the platform. Companies can offer incentives, contests, surveys, and promotions to increase customer awareness and generate interaction.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Facebook will also help your company in your SEO efforts. Facebook links and posts are indexed by the search engines like Google and Bing. When your page is updated continuously with fresh content, your search engine rankings will see a jump.
4. Competitors: A very big reason that your business should have a Facebook page is that your competition is probably already on there. By not staying current in today's digital environment, falling behind will make it difficult for your business to succeed.
5. Shared Content and Viral Marketing: Facebook also allows your followers to share content from your page on theirs. This creates expansion for your brand as their friends will also see your posts. This helps with the viral marketing of your business.
6. Facebook Ads: Advertising on Facebook has grown tremendously in the past couple of years. You can build advertising campaigns with your budget requirements. You can fine tune targeting with ads based on demographics, interests, income levels, etc. Also you can set the ads to be viewed by the set of people you choose to target.
In today's social era of internet marketing, it is vital for companies to have a Facebook business page presence. Many business owners feel that by simply having a page on Facebook is enough. That is just the beginning. A company page should be presented properly by posting consistent and relevant content, and engaging with customers. Do not leave your Facebook page unattended or unclaimed, as it will give Facebook users the impression your company is out of business. Do not spam or repeat the same posts over and over. It is the quickest way to lose customers! Facebook has paved the way for promoting a business on a social network. There is something there for everyone.